Connect (and any extensions of Connect) invites comments for all stories we publish through our discussion forums. Action and change can only occur through discussion and debate, the wider ranging the better. Forums are unmoderated, and in order to keep your experiences enjoyable and interesting we ask that you follow the rules outlined below. By submitting comments and participating in forums, you are consenting to these rules.
Foremost, comments must be on-topic and not abusive. By all means be controversial, but please play nice!
- Connect is not responsible for any content posted by third parties. These are unmoderated discussion forums and Connect does not monitor the content posted. However, to maintain a level of appropriateness Connect may monitor comments, and reserves the right to remove, edit, or otherwise alter content that we deem inappropriate without consent or explanation. We further reserve the right to remove a user’s privilege to post content on our forums.
- Our comment threads and discussion forums are to be used only for non-commercial purposes. You may not promote commercial entities, or otherwise engage in commercial activity in our discussion forums.
- You are fully responsible for the content that you post. You will not knowingly post content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property right of any third party. If you find you have violated this, you will remove said material or contact Connect and request that we do so. Do not post content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party’s right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. Content that degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification is not permitted. Epithets and other language intended to intimidate or to incite violence will not be tolerated.
- The discussion forums are for text only. Use of graphics and audio is not appropriate. Links to relevant websites are generally acceptable.
- Any information obtained through any Connect website is at your own risk. Connect does not endorse the content of the comment threads or discussion forums and cannot vouch for their reliability.
- For any content that you post, you grant to Connect the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive, and fully sub-licensable permission to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such content, in whole or in part, worldwide. You also grant Connect the right to incorporate it in other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- Be succinct, constructive, and relevant to the story. We encourage engaging, diverse and meaningful commentary. Comments falling outside our guidelines, including personal attacks, insults, and profanity, are not permitted and may be removed at our sole discretion.
The following types of comments are not welcome, and may be pulled or blocked:
- comments that include personal attacks on writers or other participants in these forums;
- comments that make obviously false or unsubstantiated allegations;
- comments that purport to quote people or reports where the purported quote or facts is not publicly known;
- or comments that include vulgar language or libelous statements.
Connect reserves the right remove or block any comment we find objectionable for whatever reason.
- DO NOT USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS; THAT IS ONLINE SHOUTING. Use of all caps may result in removal of your comment.